Thursday, August 30, 2007

Squid N' Ollie

So, the other day Miss Kathy said that this sweater I was working on looked like a squid. I wanted to let her know that while a knitted squid might be fun, it's not on my design menu at the moment. This, however, IS. This is Williamstown pullover with no name, will be in the Valley Yarns holiday catalog I think (you can ask Kirsten or someone about that though, I have no clue). I can't even link to the yarn, it's THAT new. Not even on the website yet. But there it is, and although I really hated it yesterday we're more in like today. Finishing now, and then blocking and handing over to the powers that be.

Now, we all need to expect some rather sporadic and frantic blogging for the next couple of weeks. See, Evil Girl (who's father obviously lost a screw somewhere) came home with THIS, Ollie (Olive or Oliver?? I lean toward Olive myself, but more will be revealed as it grows.) the Infant Felid-Person. I am not a cat person at all. But it's an infant and it needs a mother. So I clean it's face after it dines, and I let it suck it's milk (KMR really) out of my hand if it's feeling lazy, and I play with it, and let it lap me face and I snuggle it and nuzzle it as if I am licking it's fur clean, and I even helped it to go potty. By the way - it is an excellent pottier. Loves the litter pan at four weeks of age, what's not to love about this animal? Oh, yeah, it's a CAT. Easy to forget this with it's wide blue eyes and soft little paws and sweet mewing sounds...for reference this is one skein of Artyarns Ultra 4. It thinks it's a real cat. It's little cabesa is about 1" across from ear to ear. Don't tell a soul, but I think it's rather cute, really. It's got the littlest feet and the skinniest rat-tail. Yesterday it looked quite dehydrated and was very lethargic for a kitten. Today it is a fiest when awake and dead to the world when asleep, just like a baby should be. And when it's ready to sleep? It just crashes, bang, splat. No warning. Just WONK, done. Really very adorable.

9 comments:

Kristi said...

"And when it's ready to sleep? It just crashes, bang, splat. No warning."

Rather like my son does

Ollie is quite adorable! Love with Williamstown pullover, even if it is pink. (At least, my computer says it's pink)

Mary said...

AWWWWWWWW!!!
I love...it...(for now)!
I wanted to take one home. Agnes wouldn't have liked it!

Anonymous said...

KITTEN! I want a kitten! He's so tiny and cute. I love the yarn size comparison. :-)

sophanne said...

it just looks like a magical little thing. It would be very hard not to adore it- even knowing what it will become.

Anonymous said...

Aww, that kitten is too much. I think Ollie's quite lucky to have a mother like you! :)
I rescued my first cat as a kitten. He was about 3 weeks old, and needed a lot of care. My family was shocked since I've never really been a cat person. But the reward of his undying affection was well worth the trouble of raising him.
Be sure to keep us updated as she grows!

Peggy said...

Ohhhhh, kittens are so cute!!!!! And it sounds like you are being such a good mommy. I love the sweater design.

Elaine said...

Who could resist that face? And he is obviously smart, too! You will forget he is a cat and just love him for being Ollie - until he unravels a piece of knitting and the yarn and ball of remaining yarn is tangled and stretched all over your living room. Oh wait, my DOGS did that to the knitting I stupidly left unattended on the couch last night! Cats aren't so bad...

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah, blahblahblah on the cat. I will continue to remind you of your "goddamn this cat" attitude at lunch the other day. Although it is the most cutest thing that has happened and I wish I could just go crash, bang, splat just like puss. You rule as a lioness.
Amy

Anonymous said...

What a cute little monster! And I can see some of the interesting resemblance to some sort of interesting articulated creature with the sweater, but most of all? I like it :)