Monday, April 24, 2006

WE HAVE A WINNER!!

First of all...who zis?? Why, It's Girl and THE YARN HARLOT HERSELF! Let me tell you, this is one funny woman. Girl stood in line for a long bit with four books, none of them her own. She'd left hers here. So instead she got a picture, for posterity. I got a book signed, and then retreated to the room behind Girl's head to help a regular drop in student with a sudden onset Saturday afternoon lace problem, and to wait for Girl who was at first helping to hand out post-it's, but then found herself in line. Such a line it was, too. And the store was like a hive of swarming insects, with this constant buzzZZzzz which began at ten AM and ended after I left, I am sure. Lookit! Girl and The Harlot!
The tension mounted as girl dug her hand deeeeeep into the bowl to pull out a winner.
You could have cut the air with a knife, so much riding on this one pull of a name...who could it be? Who would be the winner? A drum roll began, becoming louder and louder, faster until at last the anticipation was ended!! The dreams of a weekend fulfilled! And the winner is...2 Monkeys Mom!! YEAH!!~~confetti and balloons fall~~ HOORAY!!!!

Please email me at melissaknits@yahoo.com with your mailing address so I can get your stash enhancing box out this week.

a name? well. I said we had A winner, not 2 winners. It's still in debate. I could be dead and buried before we choose something! I wanted to post this earlier, but Girl had an appointment with the oral surgeon (scary music plays...). It was a consultation to discuss why I thought the first surgeon was wrong in wanted to take her wisdoms. Guess what? I WON!! The "good" Dr said I was right! I was very happy. She will have a procedure relating to another tooth in June, but not her wisdoms. Maybe someday, but not today.
Then, in celebration, we went shopping. Now, you have to understand that I will probably never have the ovarian fortitude to wear any of this, but here it is nonetheless. Guess how much I spent...guess...


you'll never guess. OK, I'll tell you. $240. Including the six bras. And the wild purple chore boots. Not too shabby.

I ned to go eat something and knit something and spend the rest of my Monday reflecting on names for the business. I'm still leaning toward Twisted Chicken or Wild Chicken or Feral Chicken. I just like how it feels. And if we keep it paired with a logo of a cool, colorful chicken...

7 comments:

Persnickety Knitter said...

Oh no. PLEASE DON'T pick Feral Chicken. That is just too unpleasant.

Unknown said...

Oh, I really like your chicken names! Will email later with my info.

Anonymous said...

I really love Feral Chicken. It hits an elemental nerve untouched since childhood. Which may say something about my stunted emotional development or something.
Amy Greeman

MelissaKnits said...

yes, the feral chicken has that raw, earthy feel to it. I basically hate them all now. It's like when you're six and you say something over and over and over and over and it no longer makes any sense? That's how I feel about the name game right now.

sheep#100 said...

Just to toss in my 2¢, I like Magenta Chicken - and that way you even get the 'M' for Melissa.

Stefaneener said...

I'd stick with Scratch Feed Knits over Feral Chicken, but my overly social chicken is now confined to quarters -- what do I know? Stephanie P.-M. is a royal hoot. I'm wondering if she's going to make it out here again.

MelissaKnits said...

We chose. And it has nothing to do with chickens altho the twisted chicken logo stays!

And I hope she can come back and SHOP! She had to leave "by 5" (well, they almost made it) to get a plane at 7, and had only the barest bit of shopping time. No Knitter should leave Webs in less than 2 hours, especially on a first trip!!