Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Well, Slap My Thigh and Call Me Omie (again)!

Introducing the most beautiful baby in 20 years, here with her Daddy, Auntie Girl, Omie and Nana - four generations:

And with Mommy, who's smiling because she knows that's the most beautiful baby in 20 years she's got there:

And just a quiet moment with Auntie Girl, who's already making babysitting plans:

And pondering life on the outside, which is cold, but tolerable with all the loving arms around her:

And with Mom's mom - aren't grandmas just the proudest things?:

And with Daddy who cried and said "Mom, she's so beautiful. She's just so beautiful..." over and over. Real men cry when their babies are born:

I've got plans. We're going to fingerpaint. Maybe not today, but soon. And we're going to Ruggles Pond to catch tadpoles. And we're going to make dirt-castles, and eat ice cream from cones and not use a napkin. And eat watermelon and spit the seeds, and go see Winne the Pooh at his house in Florida. I told her so. She seemed pretty on board with everything. I haven't told her parents yet. They might not understand.

15 comments:

Kristi said...

Congrats to you!

The parents never understand. Mine didn't when my Grandpa took me fishing--I don't when Grandma spoils my kids rotten. :)

Mary said...

:)
Yes, take her to Disney to see Pooh and leave her parents at home. They wouldn't be any fun anyway :)
Plus, it's always more fun with Grandma when Mom and Dad aren't around!

ChickenBetty said...

Hooray for beautiful babies!
and grandma's that love to spoil them from day one :)

Cirilia said...

She's adorable, especially for a newborn!

Don't hit me, you know I'm freaked out by newborns ;)

PurlingPirate said...

Oh yeah!!!! She is beautiful!!! The most beautiful GIRL baby in 20 years. I personally think my son was the most beautiful boy baby!
Have fun!! And smell her baby head for me!

Yarnhog said...

Did you tell her about the yarn? Lots and lots of yarn to play with. Congratulations, Omie! (And that is so obviously your daughter standing behind you in the first picture that I laughed out loud. Don't tell her. She's at that age where she'll be offended.)

Meliabella said...

She's beautiful! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! So beautiful!

Meredith said...

Congratulations! She's gorgeous

mehitabel said...

Congratulations from one brand-new grandma to another! She is beautiful! (But then, so is mine...) We are so lucky to have them. And I agree, real men cry when their babies are born, and they fall in love with their babies and their wives all over again!

tina said...

Well that is about the best news a woman can share! The baby is completely beautiful and the family should be proud! Hugs to the new family and a very special hug for YOU Omie!!!!!!

smbelcas said...

Melissa, you should take her to see Pooh at his home in New York. (a) it's closer and (b) she can see the real Pooh. (He lives next to the NYC Donnell Children's Room. I haven't made the pilgrimage yet myself, but one day I shall.)

Anonymous said...

Chasing tadpoles on a warm sunny day! Oh the joys that await Omie and little one.

Elaine said...

Congratulations Grandma! And I do hope you are going to teach that beautiful baby to knit when she is a beautiful young girl!

Carol & Christine said...

Congrats! She is adorable! Many good times await the two of you and the adventures you have planned.