Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Patterns for Sale

So it occurred to me that I have had these up on Ravelry for a while, and I am not sure people know about this - maybe it was Purling Pirate's comment that made me think this...so for those who may not be aware, here are three socks for sale.


Maine Woods
is written for 2-at-a-Time. The yarn used is Valley Yarns Franklin in colorway pinecone. This pattern was designed while on a long car trip to Maine. The stitch pattern is reminiscent of the way pine seeds nestle against one another on a fir cone, hence the name. The eye of partridge heel flap is a lovely touch.


Sojourner
This is a double-pointed pattern but is adaptable for 2-at-a-Time knitters. The pattern is for socks made with a local farm yarn called Two-For-Toes, although any yarn that gets gauge can be substituted. A waffle weave pattern provides warmth and texture. Contrast color heel and toe add visual interest.

Castaway In the blues and greens of the Caribbean Sea, these sweet ankle socks bring to mind the gentle ebb and flow of ocean tides, and the vacation I designed them on! Both socks are knit at the same time on one long circular needle, referencing techniques that are fully explained in my book 2-at-a-Time-Socks.

And there's this, too...the Country Garden sock, which is available as a kit from Foxfire Fiber and Design. I loved working with this yarn and love this pattern. I really love farm yarns. This was an enjoyable design. I'll be signing for Barb in Rhinebeck, from 11-2 on Saturday; come by the Foxfire booth and say hello, and pet the socks in person! Heck, I'll even sign the pattern!! (I'll sign about anything, really, except blank checks)

And so you know? I've all but determined that the Boomerang socks will be self-published. I'd have to eliminate something from the book which I'd really rather not do. Once they're done I'll write them up as a toe-up dpn pattern and slap 'em up on Ravelry for sale. But it may be a little while. Publishing deadlines take precedence over personal deadlines! And I need my model to be home for a week.s.

1 comment:

PurlingPirate said...

Yay me!!! I didn't know you had patterns for sale on Ravelry! Hmm...I'm thinking I may have to buy that Country Garden Sock kit!