Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Flashback

I started blog-trawling my own blog for no reason other than to reminisce. I got led down some paths I'd forgotten about. I don't have links, but the pictures were fun to see again, so I am going to post a few for you, and for me. I started this blog in 2005. Wild. So much has changed and so much has stayed the same!
I got a label maker! You can't see that he is giving me a rude gesture beneath the brim of that hat. He did not like being labeled. Silly man. If he hadn't sat still, it wouldn't have happened.
 I got a GRANDDAUGHTER!
 Boo was so young...
 Somewhere in there we got Dazee for a time
 And then Yoshi...
 But always we come back to Boo. Momma's Boo.
 It's impossible to resist.
 April grew really fast.
 Girl totaled her car but brought home a Gerbil to replace it.
 My mother and Dazee at Halloween. She was so excited to see that dog in that chicken suit!
 But always there was Boo...
I went to a Toby Keith concert (I love my husband I love my husband I love my husband...). Although this photo is labeled "drunken cowgirls", I am holding, I wish to point out, a Stewart's root beer.
Girl graduated, which was before she wrecked her car and before April was born. Here is her hippie homeschooler graduation portrait, complete with bare feet and tassel over the ear.
Before Yoshi, Dazee or even Boo... there was Kioshi. And I had hair halfway down my back that made a huge braid and took three days to dry. Oh, and we lived in a totally different house.
 Kioshi did not like the new treadmill at the new house.
 My father, however, really liked my first book.
 Meg had a rooster named Tut who turned out to be a girl.
 See, there's that Gerbil...
Tucker, dad's dog, discovered that the only way to make the treadmill not move was to sleep on it. 24/7. Worked, too!
 I had a three dog afternoon with Dazee, Boo and Abby.
We took a cruise - and then took pictures of the pictures they took of us to save cash. Worked, too. Well. Except for the distortion and warping...
Boo always knew the way home. And always was ready to take it at the first opportunity!

Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite!

No comments: