Sunday, November 13, 2011

At Peace

I don't have a lot of space in me for words right now, so this will need to do. They are my mother's words, the obituary she wrote for herself nearly a year ago:

Priscilla Avery Morgan, 68, of Greenfield died Sunday, November 13, 2011 at Charlene Manor Extended Care Facility after a long illness. Priscilla was the daughter of James and Eleanor Avery. She grew up in Leyden and Greenfield. She attended Greenfield schools. For many years Priscilla worked at Crocker Communications and The Franklin Medical Center as a switchboard operator, both jobs she enjoyed very much and took great pride in.

 She is survived by her daughter, Melissa Morgan-Oakes and her husband Gene Oakes of Bernardston; a grandson, PFC Daniel Adams and his wife Sarah of El Paso, Texas; a granddaughter Megan Oakes; a very beloved great-granddaughter, April Ann Adams of El Paso; two sisters, Patricia Haselton of Swanzey, NH and Prudence Carnahan of Greenfield, and several nieces. A brother, Francis Avery pre-deceased her.

At the request of the deceased there will be no services. Disposition of her remains will be at the discretion of the family. In lieu of flowers, it is asked that donations be made to Hospice of Franklin County; 329 Conway Street; Suite 2; Greenfield, MA 01301 and the activities fund at Charlene Manor; 130 Colrain Road; Greenfield, MA 01301.

The "long illness" was a lifetime battle with depression, suicidal ideation and borderline personality disorder. If you or someone you know struggles with suicidal thought, PLEASE CALL the Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255 or visit http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org


24 comments:

GerryART said...

My heart-felt sympathy, Melissa.
hugs
Gerry

Ida said...

Sending love and hugs.
Ida

sandi said...

Wishing you peace, Melissa. I know this has been a hard time for you. Although she may not have been able to let you know, I'm sure your mother appreciated your devotion and care during these past months.
Hugs.
Sandi

ccr in MA said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

thepaintedsheep said...

I'm very sorry for your loss. Wishing you and your family peace.

Margo said...

So sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Leslie said...

Please accept my heartfelt sympathy. I know this has been a difficult time for your family and will pray for you all to find peace of mind.

Sharripie said...

Love and Peace to you and your family.

noallatin said...

Please accept my condolences, Melissa. Love and hugs.
Noella

Sheri Karobonik said...

Sending you hugs. Your mom left an increable legacy for you to carry on.

Cathy said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. This has been a very difficult stretch for you. Thank you for blogging when you could. May God comfort you.

Anonymous said...

My deepest sympathy and prayers for you and your family.

Hugs.

Janet

Deborah Robson said...

Holding you, your family, and your mother's spirit in the Light.

Anonymous said...

So very sorry for your loss. I lost my mother two weeks ago and I understand your pain. My condolences to you and your family.

Unknown said...

I hope that as your mom finds peace, you do also. I'm so sorry for your loss.

technikat said...

Please accept my condolences.

Lisa in western MA said...

So sorry, Melissa. May your mom rest in peace.

Bonnie said...

I'm so sorry. I'm wishing you peace in this difficult time.

Rita said...

My condolences and wishes of peace to you and your family.

Rayna said...

My condolences on your great loss. May she rest in peace, and may you and your family find peace during such a difficult time.

Daisy said...

You have my deepest sympathy.

polovni automobili said...

Good work. Thanks for the info. very useful tips indeed.

izrada web sajtova said...

Excellent blog, I always come back, THX!

revizija said...

Hello, awesome website. All of the topics you posted on were very interesting. I tried to add in your RSS feed to my news reader and it a couple of.